Car #1 is at the paint shop getting white epoxy primer. #2 in the metal work process and #3 undercoat grinding. I picked the 3 colors which will be #328 Gulf Blue, #137Gelb Green and #330 Gemini Blue.
#1 metal work is complete, all the modified oil lines are complete. Worked on all the gaps today and welded up holes that aren’t needed. Tomorrow it goes back on the rotisserie For a light media blast and then the epoxy primer. #2 is right behind it. First one is Gulf Blue with orange graphics, #2 is going to be Gemini Blue with Silver graphics and #3 is going to be Gelb Green with black graphics. No Fiberglass, No Vinyl Graphics!
Metal work for the aluminum front trunk lid center fill fuel tank and the tool we made to get the look we wanted.
Base coat and clear coat! I really like how the Azzuro Dino turned out and especially since this was the original color on this car..I’m keeping thid one, can’t get much better than a late Euro model with flares, no AC, no smog, no USA lights and a great original color.
With the Miura now gone we turned our attention back to the Porsches. More metal work and some fitting of parts. We have used no fiberglass and now have steel front bumper, aluminum front hood, metal rear bumpers and we crafted an aluminum ducktail. We are using all 930 rear suspension and still wanting to use the deep RSR wheels it was necessary to widen the flares 1 1/4 inch. I’m doing an exterior oil filler even though this is a 73 model, but it will have no flap and the cap with protrude from the body. The first one is going to be Gulf Blue with orange accents. The two other projects will be identical build just different colors. A limited run of 3!!!
Back to some Porsche work. Started stripping #3 getting ready for metal work. This one is a really nice rust free car as well as accident free 72. I know it’s a shame to butcher up a nice 72T.
This is the first Lamborghini Miura I have restored. I’ve owned an S and a SV that I had planned to restore but instead I did 14 Ferrari Dinos. I love the looks of the Miura and it looks sooooo great in my shop. How lucky am I for someone to trust me on restoring their Muira!!!! Here are a few detail photos of the progress. Tomorrow is the steering column and the dash to install. I’m waiting on the side glass which is out being polished, the guages which are being restored, the rubber heel pads which may take a little time. If everything goes as planned and I get the glass and guages back it should be ready to be re-united with it’s motor in about 2 weeks!!
More progress pictures.