Eric’s 246GT is now in primer and things will really speed up now.
A lot of parts for one subassembly. They key was stuck and would not turn, the locksmith was able to get the key out but could not fix it. I got a used key cylinder and attached parts from Bill at GT Parts. Every project presents new challenges
The metal work will be done this week then off to Speedzone for paint, back to original Argento. In the meantime working on parts getting them ready for reassembly of car.
The original heat shield was full of rot so I made a new one. The original factory ones had a water absorbing material sandwiched between 2 sheets of metal. Most that I’ve seen are rusted out at the bottom and pretty beat up.
The Koni shocks came back today after being rebuilt and addressing the Horn Compressor which was looking pretty ratty.
Rear hubs and front wheel bearings today. I put all the panels back on the body today getting it ready to go for body and paint. No decision has been made yet on who will do that part of the job, so the body may be at my shop for awhile. Quite a contrast with this one showing all it’s warts and Rob’s blue car that was delivered today.