Making a lot of progress on the metal work. We changed the floor to sock, made a new front nose, added bumpers, changed the hood, fabricated new correct flares, replaced rusted areas behind wheels, changed rear panel from one light back to two and added rear bumpers. The sills have some rot so we need to fix that then off to the paint shop for surfacing and paint. I’m keeping Speedzone busy with paint jobs. This one will be back to original Rosso Dino.
More Metal work to bring it back to stock. Soon will be ready for surfacing and paint. Back to Rosso Dino.
Bringing it back to stock condition!
So after finishing the interior the owner decided to do the body back to original and go back to the original color. I moved my lift from my old shop Saturday, so today was going backwards to strip the entire car. In a few days it should be on the rotisserie and off for media blasting then some extensive metal work to bring it back to original. It is going Rosso Dino.
The first phase of the car is done. The interior is back to stock. Big changes may be in the future.
I’ve made some progress on the interior. Recovered the dash, started the carpeting, put a center console in made new door panels and put a new floor in so it can accept new seats.
This 71 Dino showed up at my shop. I’m not sure when all the customizing took place, but the owner wants it back to original!! Phase 1 is starting with the interior. I have to find original seats, change the floor, make door panels, redo the dash, eliminate all the yellow behind gauges etc, carpet, firewall etc etc. AS you can see major work is needed to bring the body back to original!! Also new tires and wheels in phase 1.