More suspension work done this past week. I got the uprights on along with the brake rotors and calipers. A few more lines to hook up and the brakes will be done. I decided on making my own wiring harness, more for the experience than anything else. I’m trying to figure out where to start. I layed it all out on a board with the wiring terminus pretty much where they are layed out in the car. I categorized all the colors, gauge of wire and the style of terminal along with the vinyl sheathing that cover all the wire. Next step is to locate all the supplies and in the meantime cogitate where to even begin. Should be fun though.
More work on the suspension. The hubs are now on and am now ready to mount the shocks. I just went with the originals rather than the coilovers I did on my last one. I hoping to finish all the suspension with the brakes before I make the decision on the wiring harness. I ordered the harness from GT Parts almost a year ago. He supposedly gets them from the original manufacturer in Italy whom I don’t who that is. I’ve waited patiently but time is up. Apparently Bill at GT Parts found one at his shop mixed in with a crate of Dino parts he bought. He doesn’t know what year it’s for or even if it’s USA or EURO but is sending it to me to check out. So, after that I’ll decide whether that one works, whether to make one myself or try someplace else.
The beat goes on rather slowly, too many other interests to fit into the day. I still have not received my wiring harness and next week will be making a decision on what to do. I could always make it my self like Jim did and I know in the amount of time I’ve waited I surely could of done it. Anyways there is still work to do as there are still parts that need refurbished, so I set about on the rear hubs and brake calipers. I took everything apart and bead blasted everything and had everything cad plated either clear cad or yellow cad. I got rebuild kits for the brakes and my next task is to reassemble these beautiful parts that will never be seen!
No word yet when I’m receiving my wiring harness, so just moving ahead and doing whatever won’t be in the way when it finally arrives. Mostly worked on the heater and ventilation system along with a few miscellaneous items.
I haven’t been able to do much because I’m still waiting and waiting and waiting for my new wiring harness. So I put the cover on it and that’s that. I did get all the upholstery done in the meantime. Everything tan in leather and everything that is black I did in Dino Vinyl.
Some update photos. I’m still awaiting wiring harness, so still trying to work around it.
The front and rear windscreen are back in and look really good. It changed the whole appearance. Held my breath on the rear but all worked out fine. I put the inner dash and vents back in along with clutch cable and a few odds and ends while I await my wiring harness. I’m also looking for a restorable 206 if anyone has any leads.
This week I had 2 main projects and a few piddly ones. I got the front spare tire tub back in which you know you must cut to get it out which requires some fiberglass work when putting it back in. Which now you can never tell it was cut. The other project was the headliner so I can put the rear glass back in. Other than that side lights, finished the dynamat and hydraulics for the most part. No work for 10 days now as I have to go on a family reunion (Wife’s side) cruise to the inland passage in Alaska. Never been.