More Metal work to bring it back to stock. Soon will be ready for surfacing and paint. Back to Rosso Dino.
Bringing it back to stock condition!
Back to work on 07574. Doing the finish metal work for another week or so then off to the paint shop!
So after finishing the interior the owner decided to do the body back to original and go back to the original color. I moved my lift from my old shop Saturday, so today was going backwards to strip the entire car. In a few days it should be on the rotisserie and off for media blasting then some extensive metal work to bring it back to original. It is going Rosso Dino.
I moved about a mile away to a much bigger shop. Ralph from Autos International who I’ve know for years and does all my Dino interiors invited me to share his building. At the time I was looking for something bigger so it worked out perfectly. It took 2 months though to get in the shape I wanted. Autos International is renowned for heir Porsche interiors. I hired an old school metal guy sometime ago and we really need more room. So my new spot has an upstairs for parts and a large separate tool room. I have a bunch of stuff going!! For me I have the 206Sp in progress, 74 Dino Euro spyder with flares on rotisserie awaiting more metal work, 58 Porsche Speedster just finished metal work, I have a Dino 206GT I’m getting ready for Cavallino and I bought 2 early 70’s long hood Porsches that I want to try RSR tribute cars with some of my own touches. Couldn’t do that with the Dinos. For others I have a Lamborghini Miura P400 at the paint shop and a 246 Dino Gt to bring back to original. Lots of metal work and want original color which was Rosso Dino. Plenty to do!!!! Some more shots of new shop and projects.
Back to progress on the 206SP. I’ve been moving the last 2 months to a bigger shop so not much got done. The body is now almost ready to come off again so I can powdercoat the frame.
Gauges came today from Veglia!
Moving along with progress on the 206. Mostly fitting an altering right now. As reported I’m using a Fiat Dino 2.0 Engine. We changed it to dry sump, crank trigger ignition and other changes. There was a lot of work to mate it up with transmission. We moved the engine 2″ to the rear so we could fit the engine. Custom oil pan had to be made and a custom spacer to mate engine with transmission. We made custom headers and a muffler so it can be driven on the street. The wheels were custom made and picked up from powder coating today. I got a new larger radiator to account for it being driven on the street. The fuel tanks were restored with new bladders and new stainless steel straps. New windshield will be done next week and new custom Veglia gauges are on there way. I need a set of rear 206 calipers which I haven’t found yet and I’m doing inboard brakes as original. Next engine get cosmetic restoration, transmission rebuilt with appropriate gears for street driving and the framed media blasted and powder coated. A very fun project so far!