The body is completely off the farm now and some decisions can be made. First thing is to move the pedal box so I can reach them!! The originals had 13″ wheels and these are 15″, if I change to 13″ then the brakes have to be changed and the rears go inboard. We will see what shakes out. I’m open to all suggestions and help. Even if I go with 15″ wheels I’m going to need new ones made to match the original design.
More progress on the Dino. The body has been completely removed and now I can finish with disassembly, then have the frame powder coated. My engine arrived from the Netherlands today!
I’ve made some progress on the interior. Recovered the dash, started the carpeting, put a center console in made new door panels and put a new floor in so it can accept new seats.
Work is moving forward with the body almost completely removed. The glass windscreen had a crack and so a new one is being made. My motor cleared customs and arrives in San Diego next week. A fun project for sure!
This 71 Dino showed up at my shop. I’m not sure when all the customizing took place, but the owner wants it back to original!! Phase 1 is starting with the interior. I have to find original seats, change the floor, make door panels, redo the dash, eliminate all the yellow behind gauges etc, carpet, firewall etc etc. AS you can see major work is needed to bring the body back to original!! Also new tires and wheels in phase 1.
We’ve been stripping the car to bare aluminum. Coming along.
Everything except suspension has been removed now.
I had a window of time before my next project arrives so 07574 is going under the knife!!. Only the fiberglass left to take out.