I painted the fuel tanks today with the same material originally used (I think). It’s a Wurth product not available in the USA so I had to smuggle a case of it in from an unnamed source. It goes on very thick almost like drywall splatter, light beige in color.
A few more parts done and tomorrow I will start to tackle the AC system. This is new to me as on my 2 Dino’s I removed it during restoration and decided not to put it back on. A lot of weight and not very effective. Interesting as this Dino has a larger outlet from the motor as well as a larger vent attachment at the dash. #08450 has a fan the size of the vent fans and the attachment at the dash fits the standard size vent hose. The 2 other fans are not part of the AC system but will work on those at the same time.
The car is one week from it’s first primer. The owner has decided on the color so now I can proceed with the interior which will be black. Exterior to be yellow, it’s a question of which one as the Dino compendium shows 2 yellows with about 200 cars being done in each yellow. I need to find out if both were offered in 1974.
Work is moving on all fronts. The parts are getting refurbished, the dash is now complete in (Henks) material which is the one I like the best and the body work is moving along. Rumors are that it might go yellow.
I finished the front suspension today with freshly powder coated A arms, all the hardware replated and all new bushings.
The engine is being disassembled for a rebuild after it is diagnosed for exactly what it needs. I also received the steering rack back from a rebuild.