The Houston Dino left Brad’s shop and was delivered to my shop today. From the looks of Brads smile I think he was pretty happy with results. I was planning on keeping this car as my driver, but then I found the Euro Spyder with flares (one of thirteen produced) and instead I’ll be restoring and keeping that one. This one will be ready for a new home in about 4 months, so if anyone is looking!!!
More work on my Houston Dino. I made new door cards, I like using 3/32″ birch. It doesn’t warp nor do the clips pull out. I get all the clips in and test it before it gets covered so everything lines up on first try. I also have a jig to make sure my window cables are EXACTLY the right length. Nothing worse than have to take apart once together and installed and the cable doesn’t quite fit. Been there done that!!.The wiper arms where the arms attach were frozen and it took some persuasion to get them loose. I sent the motor out for overhaul. The heater, defrost and choke levers were chromed, plated, new labels etc. While I’ve been doing this getting down to the last items I’m on the internet every night looking for various missing motor parts. I’m slowly getting there. I keep Brad busy so my 206 and this 246 GTS keep getting shoved to the end of the line. Shawn’s Dino is next then I have a 74 Silver/Black GTS coming in a week or so (third from last Dino built) that will follow shawms then I’m hoping my 206. It’s all these details that really make a difference!
Today I took apart something that I had never tackled before. I think this is the only part that I hadn’t restored completely is the past. I had no choice as the part the wiper arm attached too was completely frozen up. After a lot of persuasion it broke loose. At that point I figured why not take everything apart as I was getting ready to make a trip to LA to get some other parts cad plated. We’ll see how it turns out and to see if somehow it works correctly when finished. Stay tuned. I have 90 percent of the parts complete and just need a car back from paint to get going!!
I took a lot of extra time on these for obvious reasons!!
Steering parts ready for installation.
My Texas car that I’m working on for myself sat for a number of years in Houston. There has been a lot of little parts missing or broken. The emergency brake lever was inoperable and was missing the release button but I didn’t know what else. All I could do was take mine apart and a working one apart to see the differences. It was only missing a spring and a release button. I sourced the spring and have plastic rod coming from McMasters to make a release button. At least with the effort I got to see how it functions
Another project to check off the list.
Labor day weekend meant just that! Putting more parts together to be ready for the day it returns from the paint shop. Focusing on suspension, brakes, steering etc.