Paint day!! The base coat is on and now there is a 24 hour window to clear coat. More photos tomorrow after clear coat. I can’t wait to see it in the sun!. One of my favorite colors on a Dino
With the frame now painted we are ready for Blue Dino Metallizzato.
There was a ton of metal work to do on this car, with new sills, front damage etc and changing it back to it’s original configuration as a Euro. That required removing extra bumper posts, filling in USA light holes etc. With the metal work behind us the primer coats have been moving along. Shawn will get a spray out next week and color could start as soon as 2 weeks!
With the body at Speedzone I’ve turned my attention to restoring and rebuilding sub assemblies.
No real surprises at the media blaster. So far no real evidence of damage and the rust seems confined to the sill. I cut out the sills before I sent it out so I could get the frame rail well blasted
More parts and critter turds!! You can see where the extra bumper posts were welded in and US light added. I believe it was imported in 74 and must of been required for import.
We started taking some parts off to see what we have to work with. Typical rust in the sills and behind rear tires. We’ll see what else is lurking after it is media blasted. I especially like the white sidewalls. I hope shawn doesn’t want me to turn them around so all can see!
Another critter of some sort was living in the drivers sill. Interior appears to be original, including carpet. The clear coat came off with the power washer. Looking like a fun project.Another Dino being saved from the jaws of hell.